Paired Moon & Star Threader Earrings
Since the Georgian, Victorian, and Edwardian periods, a crescent moon and star combined together were a sweet statement of love, and where we can derive the phrase, “love you to the moon and back."
Gold crescent moon and black star on delicate gold chain ear threaders.
- Metal: Vermeil moon, 14kt gold filled ear threader
- Length: .5" W Star, 1" W moon, 2"L Adjustable
- Chain Ear Threader
- Made in the USA
Vermeil (pronounced vehr-may; it's French!) is a legally regulated term that refers to a certain kind of quality jewelry. To be legally called "vermeil" in the United States, the jewelry piece must meet ALL of these conditions:
1. Have sterling silver as its base material. Sterling silver is an alloy made of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other materials, and is a standard material used in high quality jewelry (versus, e.g., brass or copper).
2. Be plated in gold that is at least 10k (10 karats). That means the gold is at least 41.7% gold content.
3. Have gold plating that is at least 2.5 microns thick. A micron is 1/1000th of a millimeter.
In the realm of gold-tone jewelry, gold vermeil is the best quality jewelry you can get short of buying solid gold. For people who want a cheap, high quality alternative to solid gold, vermeil is your answer!